Time to find the best camera under $100? Find the right one for you among these cheap but amazing solutions!
Colossal advancements in sensor and lens technology over the last few years means that some of the best digital cameras under 100 today are much better than the much pricier models of yesteryears. If you have an intense passion for photography, there has never been a better time to follow your dream. For one, you can start by using your smartphone camera and then progress to more specialized cameras if you want more advanced features.
With an ever-increasing number of high-quality budget cameras hitting the market every year, it is increasingly difficult to navigate the market and make the right decisions. For that reason, we decided to compile the following list of the 10 best digital cameras under 100 that will hopefully help you make an informed decision.
How to Buy The Best Camera Under 100
Before jumping to the assorted cameras, how about a quick outline of things to look for when buying a budget camera?
Just like the old days, Megapixels are an important factor to consider when deciding whether or not to buy a certain camera. And fortunately, the majority of budget cameras have quite a good resolution. Ideally, aim for cameras with resolutions of 16MP or higher.
Try going for cameras that have in built-in Optical Zoom, especially if it’s a point-and-shoot model. Optical Zoom typically allows you to zoom to the allowed level without compromising the quality and resolution of your images.
Image Stabilization (IS)
If you’re going for a camera with a bigger zoom, make sure it has an image stabilization feature. IS basically eliminates blurs caused by camera movements and also when shooting in low light conditions.
Video Capture Resolution
Gone are the days when 360p videos were acceptable. The future of video is 4K, and thus, getting a camera with that power, or at least 1080p, is highly recommended.
Best Camera Under 100: Our Top Three
Best Digital Cameras Under 100: Comparison Table
Best Cameras Under 100
- 2-inch IPS touch display
- In-built Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) eliminates blur
- Waterproof up to 131 feet
- Video capabilities: 4K at 25fps, 2.7k at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps
- Wi-Fi capable
- 8X Optical Zoom
- Auto Zoom function available
- DIGIC 4+ image processor
- 720p HD video
- Smart AUTO – uses AI to select and implement ideal capture settings based on circumstantial context
- Digital IS to enhance stability and reduce blur
- 720p HD capability
- 6X Optical Zoom
- Easy Mode offers a simpler user menu
- Sweep Panorama mode enables 360-degree shots
- Battery rechargeable via USB
- Image print size: 2×3 inches
- Comes with a wrist strap for added portability
- Batteries rechargeable via Micro USB cord
- Image printing process uses zero ink and toner
- Available in black, blue and red
- Uses SD card with a maximum capacity of 32GB
- 2.7-inch LCD display
- 5X Optical Zoom
- 720p HD Video resolution
- Wide range of shooting modes, including Auto, Panorama, Manual, and Landscape modes
- HD 720p video capture capabilities
- 5X Optical Zoom
- 2.7-inch LCD display screen
- Runs on AA batteries
- 2K video capture at 30 fps
- 4K video capture resolution at 24 fps
- Full HD Video (1080p) at 60 fps
- In-built 2-inch IPS display
- Waterproof up to, or rather, down to 100 feet underwater
- Two rechargeable 1,050 mAh batteries, each lasting up to 90 minutes
- HDMI Port and WiFi connectivity available
- Full HD (1080p) Video supported
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection capabilities for sharing
- Built-in carry clip for easy attachment to clothing and backpacks
- Waterproof up to 6.6 feet
- Retractable lens measuring 65.75mm and f/12.6
- Built-in flash with three color filters
- Prints 6.2cm x 6.2 cm images at a ratio of 1:1
- Available in Pearl White, Blush Gold, and Graphite Grey colors
- Tripod socket available
- Front-mounted selfie mirror to help you get the perfect pose
- Automatically extending lens 95mm f/14
- Optical Viewfinder option
- Tripod Socket available
- Image print size: 62mm x 99 mm
- Only works with FUJIFILM Instax Wide Film
- Uses AA batteries
Here is the deal…
Whether you are a novice or an experienced photographer, you can now find a camera that meets your needs. The best part is that you don’t have to spend much. With less than $100, you will get a good camera that can capture stunning images and videos, just like more advanced, professional gadgets.
So what are you waiting for? Get one today!
Stefano Caioni is a photographer from Sydney, Australia. Founder and editor of Pixinfocus, his passion for photography helps him explore new places and live new adventures. Thanks to photography he reconnected with the outdoors and was able to travel the world and take photos of some of the most beautiful places on Earth.